Sunday, June 19, 2011

Only in California

The state of California is an amazing place.  Those of you who know me know just how much this native Californian loves his state.  There is so much beauty, diversity, and acceptance; it truly is incredible.  Sometimes though I know that I take for granted just how special this place is and today I was reminded of that. 

Today my friend Marty and I took the drive up to Mt. Baldy.  Mt. Baldy is an hour drive and a world away.  Where else but California can you travel one hour and go from the Ocean to the top of a mountain reaching up to 10,000 feet that is covered with snow in the winter time, while at the same time overlooking the desert?

With that short drive we were taken to a whole other world.  We were one of only a few people on the mountain today and the only thing you could hear was the sound of the wind blowing through the trees.  A feeling of complete peace comes over you standing on top of the mountain listening to silence. 

Besides Mt. Baldy we have so many of these wonderful places of beauty in our state.  I hope everyone takes some time to get out and go to these places every once in a while to truly appreciate how lucky we are here.  I've included some pictures in the blog.  Enjoy. 




1 comment: