Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Happy Place

I have decided that this week is a good time to write about my happy place… Disneyland.  I have been asked on more than one occasion why I love spending so much time at Disneyland.  The answer to that is really difficult to put into words, but I will give it a try. 

There are the easy answers of course.  Disneyland is a beautiful place that is incredibly clean and well kept. The Cast Members are some of the most incredible, kind, and courteous people on the planet.  (to this day I am amazed at the level of guest service provided by the cast on each visit)  There are attractions that range from exciting and thrilling to quaint and classic.  There is great food and wonderful desserts.  Amazing shows, beautiful parades, and the most incredible fireworks are all part of a normal day.  There is also a sense of history and nostalgia; after all this was Walt’s park.  And on top of all of that, who doesn’t love the Disney characters?

All of that is only part of what makes Disneyland so special to me though.  It’s the things you can’t see.  Disneyland is about making memories and sharing the magic that is always present.  Part of what makes it so incredible is going there with the people I love.  Sharing that treasured time in such a wonderful place with friends and family is a feeling that cannot be explained.  Whether it was when my parents would put us in the car in the middle of the night and then wake us up when the Matterhorn was visible from the car, or enjoying a frozen banana with my Aunt Sarah on Main Street, or riding the new Little Mermaid attraction for the first time with my best friend; every visit I treasure and will remember my entire life because of the special “moments” that just magically happen at Disneyland.

When I am spending a day at Disneyland, the outside world fades away.  It is a complete escape from reality.  I don’t have to be a grown up.  It’s just pure fun, filled with wonderful moments and magical memories.  That’s why I love going to Disneyland.









1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize until we visited you guys and went to Disneyland just how important the park is to people in Califoria. Disney World was the place I visited as a child. Still to this day I remember just how impressed I was with the Hawaiian luau, the Electric Light Parade, the Contemporary Resort, and the monorail. All these things were so full of quality they were like fantasy beyond imagining to a young boy in the 60's. When we went to Disneyland with you guys I felt that same magical feeling the entire time. Disneyland now has a special place in my heart right along with my childhood memories. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete